Employment at Nelson College
Click the links below to access position information, job description and application forms.
SUPPORT STAFF VACANCIES
TECHNOLOGY AND TRADE TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER AIDE SUPPORT
Supervised by HOD Graphics and Technology
Permanent, Term time only
Grade B, Step 8 ($ 20.09 per hr)
Hours of work – (9am – 3pm) 5 days a week. – 30hrs a week.
- Support with project work in the subject of Trade Building
- Maintenance on tools and machinery in the technology area as well as assisting with the preparation of project materials.
- Teacher aide for teachers in technology classrooms.
A driver’s licence is required.
Strength across building/ engineering are an advantage
Maintenance and preparation across a variety of materials including metal and wood.
Experience maintaining machinery an advantage.
Closing date: Friday 17th May 20
Applicants please apply by submitting a cover letter and a copy of your CV / Resume to: Gary O’Shea
OUTDOOR EDUCATION TEACHER AIDE POSITION, Fixed term, part time (4 hours per week). To start as soon as available, or at a mutually agreed later date.
A unique opportunity to work one on one with a paraplegic student, supporting them in the Outdoor Education programme at Nelson College.
Applicants will be required to support our student for four hours a week, with additional hours to be negotiated for outdoor trips.
Applicants must have:
- Current first aid qualification
- Experience in kayaking and mountain biking
- Ability to follow an action plan, and manage a student’s need
- Some experience in exercise prescription (personal training and/or rehabilitation)
- Empathy and the ability to monitor a student’s needs closely
Please apply with copy of CV to: Gary O’Shea