International Students Enrolment
Students are welcomed at Nelson College from many countries throughout the world. If you would like to apply to study at Nelson College please complete the following steps:
Complete and return the Enrolment form and either the Boarding or Homestay agreement.
If your application is successful we will send you:
- a conditional offer of place
- an invoice for fees
When we receive payment of your fees, we will send you a receipt for payment of fees. You then need to apply for a Student Visa to study at Nelson College; this application must be accompanied by our conditional offer of place letter and fees receipt. You will also need to provide proof of financial support and a return air ticket.
Medical Insurance Cover – Medical Insurance is compulsory. Nelson College will organise this through Southern Cross, with whom we hold a Master Policy. This policy has additional cover for protection of fees. Your policy must be arranged before you leave your home country. You may arrange your own Medical Insurance.
Apply for your Student Visa through your nearest Immigration New Zealand Office.
You will need:
- A completed application for Student Visa form (with a passport photo)
- A completed financial undertaking form or provide evidence of funds held in the name of the student of $400 per month ie. $4,800 per year.
- The Student Visa application fee.
- Your passport or Certificate of Identity
- The offer of place form and receipt for fees paid issued by the school
- Two character references if under 17 years of age or a local police clearance if 17 or over.
NB If a course of study is three months or less a Visitors Visa may be sufficient. Please check with the school first.