As Nelson continues to operate at Alert Level 1, there are still key public health measures for everyone in New Zealand to follow.
- Continuing to follow Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education guidance.
- If students are sick, they need to stay at home. Please contact the school with their reason for absence as usual.
- If students have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, ministry advice is to call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to see if you/they need a test.
- We will continue to encourage washing and drying hands, sneezing and coughing into elbow.
- We will continue to regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- Soap, water and the ability to dry hands will continue to be provided in bathrooms.
- QR Code posters for the NZ COVID Tracer App continue to be displayed at the school to support contact tracing efforts.
We will continue to monitor the situation in Wellington and if New Zealand moves to Level 2 again, then we will review and adjust our practice.