If New Zealand moves to Level 3/4 again in the future, then Nelson College Boarding will resume its original boarding bubble. Domestic boarders will not be accommodated at this time and these boys will be required to return home.
Covid Updates for our boarding Community
If New Zealand moves to L3/4 again in the future, then Nelson College Boarding will resume its original boarding bubble. Domestic boarders will not be accommodated at this time and these boys will be required to return home.
Wednesday 12 August
Kia ora all
At this stage, in response to the unfolding situation nationally, our level 2 measures will be –
– Encouragement of boys to keep out of each other’s breathing and touch space, within in our boarding community & to practise wider physical distancing with those outside of our boarding community
– Parents dropping their boys off are asked to be vigilant in using the visitor’s book and to keep a physical distance from staff & other boarders
– Contact Tracing Registers for visitors at both houses, the san and the dining room
– Heightened hygiene measures, and in particular before eating, after playing sport & when re-entering to the house
– Heightened cleaning in all boarding facilities
– Reduced threshold for determining if a boarder is generally unwell
– Boys who present with COVID-like symptoms will be assessed, isolated, tested and sent home where practical
– Staff who become unwell will stay home & be tested – supervisors, cleaners, nurses & dining room staff
– Regular review by staff of boarding COVID practices
Continuing to follow all MOE/MOH guidelines
Winter Boarding Catch Up
We are deeply disappointed not to be able to proceed with this Friday’s Winter Boarding Catch Up, due to the limitation on gatherings and social events at Level 2.
This is especially disappointing, given the significantly positive response by parents to coming.
You will receive feedback about your son’s academic progress in the next few days, once we have established the best way of doing this.
Boarding will consider the best option for presenting our annual pyramids to parents. One possibility is that we film the boys performing the pyramids and send parents a copy.
We would like to thank the Nelson College Music Department, as well as our boarders, for all of their time spent over the last few weeks in preparation for this concert. In particular, we thank Fergus Monk for his organisation of the pyramids.
Thank you again for your willing support of Nelson College Boarding.
Covid – 19 has seen postponements to our marketing events this year and we are currently looking at new dates for later in the year. We welcome all enquiries regarding boarding and are happy to schedule a visit to Nelson College for a tour of the boarding houses and facilities. Boarding Prospectus’s are available for posting out.
Please contact Director of Boarding, Samme Hippolite for further information
Up-coming Boarding Marketing Trips 2020
Wellington – Friday 18 September, 4.30 – 6.30pm
Nelson College’s Headmaster Richard Dykes will be in Wellington on Friday 18th September, and is keen to meet with any parents who are considering sending their son to Nelson College. With a welcoming family environment, our school has consistently high-level academic, sporting and leadership programmes. If you are interested in more information, this is a great opportunity to meet Richard and get an overview of our school.
Hanmer Springs, Roasted Bean Cafe – Wednesday 14th October, 6pm – 7.30pm
Nelson College boarders are coming to town to play some sporting matches against local teams (rugby, football and basketball). Director of Boarding Samme Hippolite will be at the Roasted Bean Cafe from 6pm to meet with any prospective families interested in boarding for their son at Nelson College. This is an informal setting where Samme will share her knowledge and answer all your question about our boarding community. To register your interest please email email@example.com
Greymouth – Agfest
The AgFest team are excited to announce new dates for 2020 to be held at the Greymouth Aerodrome on Friday November 13th and Saturday November 14th this year.
Boarding Open Day – Saturday 9 May (Postponed)
Nelson College, 67 Waimea Road, Nelson
10.00am to 1.30pm
Nelson College would like to invite all prospective Boarding families to our 2020 Boarding Open Day. The schedule of events will includes tours of the Boarding Houses and College facilities, presentations by Headmaster, Curriculum Manager and key boarding staff. Register now.