If New Zealand moves to Level 3/4 again in the future, then Nelson College Boarding will resume its original boarding bubble. Domestic boarders will not be accommodated at this time and these boys will be required to return home.
Covid Updates for our boarding Community
If New Zealand moves to L3/4 again in the future, then Nelson College Boarding will resume its original boarding bubble. Domestic boarders will not be accommodated at this time and these boys will be required to return home.
Wednesday 12 August
Kia ora all
At this stage, in response to the unfolding situation nationally, our level 2 measures will be –
– Encouragement of boys to keep out of each other’s breathing and touch space, within in our boarding community & to practise wider physical distancing with those outside of our boarding community
– Parents dropping their boys off are asked to be vigilant in using the visitor’s book and to keep a physical distance from staff & other boarders
– Contact Tracing Registers for visitors at both houses, the san and the dining room
– Heightened hygiene measures, and in particular before eating, after playing sport & when re-entering to the house
– Heightened cleaning in all boarding facilities
– Reduced threshold for determining if a boarder is generally unwell
– Boys who present with COVID-like symptoms will be assessed, isolated, tested and sent home where practical
– Staff who become unwell will stay home & be tested – supervisors, cleaners, nurses & dining room staff
– Regular review by staff of boarding COVID practices
Continuing to follow all MOE/MOH guidelines
Winter Boarding Catch Up
We are deeply disappointed not to be able to proceed with this Friday’s Winter Boarding Catch Up, due to the limitation on gatherings and social events at Level 2.
This is especially disappointing, given the significantly positive response by parents to coming.
You will receive feedback about your son’s academic progress in the next few days, once we have established the best way of doing this.
Boarding will consider the best option for presenting our annual pyramids to parents. One possibility is that we film the boys performing the pyramids and send parents a copy.
We would like to thank the Nelson College Music Department, as well as our boarders, for all of their time spent over the last few weeks in preparation for this concert. In particular, we thank Fergus Monk for his organisation of the pyramids.
Thank you again for your willing support of Nelson College Boarding.
Greymouth – Agfest
The AgFest team are excited to announce new dates for 2020 to be held at the Greymouth Aerodrome on Friday November 13th and Saturday November 14th this year.