The Nelson College PTA is a an enthusiastic group that meets regularly to foster a close relationship between school and home.
The objective of the PTA is to secure the support of parents as a body for everything that will beneficially influence the welfare and progress of the students and the College.
- All parents and College staff are eligible to become members. If you would like to join please attend one of our meetings or contact the Chairperson.
- Other persons interested in the College may become members at the discretion of the committee.
PTA Committee 2016
- Chairperson – Melissa Everett
- Secretary – Delyth Logan
- Treasurer – Sue McCliskie
- College Management representative – Ron Kelly and Brian Hore
- Uniform Shop representative – Lou Illes
- Committee Members – Paula Smith, Barbara Franklet, Lou Illes, Frank Best, Pam Ewan
- Staff Representative – Diane Garside
- Trust Foundation Representatives – Sandra Heney and Pam Ewan
Meetings and Events
PTA meetings are held monthly during the school term in the college staffroom (usually the 3rd Monday of each month at 7.30pm). Check the school calendar for dates of upcoming meetings. All parents are encouraged to come along, meet other parents and learn about what’s going on at the school. There are several social functions during the year including the annual PTA Quiz night fundraiser. A lot of fun is had by all!
Support From the PTA
The profit from the PTA uniform shop produces most of the PTA’s funding. This money plus other profits from fund-raising activities is distributed to:
- Students – this includes teams and/or individuals who represent the College in a wide range of activities both nationally and internationally.
- College – this money provides extra classroom equipment to enhance learning, sports equipment and other items that improve the school surroundings for students and staff.
- Special projects – such as contributions to the Gibbons Trade Education Centre, the new Whare -Te Ara Poutama or assistance towards the maintenance of Mataki Lodge.
Applications for financial assistance from the PTA need to be made to the College Management Team.
For any enquiries, please contact Delyth Logan